Rackable - fits in power racks and squat racks
If straight bar squats are too hard on your back, shoulders, wrists or knees, give the safety squat bar a go.
Even if you are comfortable and strong at straight bar squats, the safety squat barbell can add variety to your routine and improve your strength and technique.
Safety squat barbell (SSB) is a padded barbell with some special features:
- Padded section that sits around your neck with a handle extending over each shoulder.
- Handles allow you to hold your arms out in front
- Camber at the ends which changes the centre of gravity and pulls the lifter forward. Consequently, the lifter must resist the pull forward and stay upright.
- Engages upper back (traps and lats) during back squats
- No need to externally rotate the shoulders for back squats
- Engages core during front squats
This versatile barbell can be used for many movements such as:
- Back squat
- Front squat
- Zercher squat
- Good morning
- Split squat
- Overhead press
- Calf raise